NDEWS Presents is an ongoing series of webinars convened by the NDEWS Coordinating Center to explore emerging drugs and timely drug-related topics.
Upcoming webinars are listed below. As each webinar becomes open, links will be added for registration. To be alerted about upcoming webinars and to participate in the NDEWS Network community, join here.
Global DEWS (G-DEWS) International Series
G-DEWS is a project to examine existing drug monitoring systems around the world to gain an understanding of how they work, the contexts in which they operate, and to describe areas of best practice. The goal of the project is to develop guidance based on proven practices utilized by existing systems to support countries establishing new drug early warning systems (DEWS).
DATES & TIMES BY TIME ZONE:
- USA - Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 5:00pm-6:30pm (Eastern Time - US and Canada)
- AUSTRALIA - Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 7:00am-8:30am (Sydney)
- NEW ZEALAND - Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 10:00am-11:30am (Auckland)
- October 3rd - South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria
- TBD - Europe
- Nov 2nd – New Findings from NDEWS Sentinel Community Site
- Nov 15th – The Search for New Drug Terms on Twitter: Analyses by the Center for Advanced Study of Language
To view past webinars, please see our NDEWS Presents Archive.
Future webinars will offer in-depth reviews of newly detected drugs, timely drug issues or trends, and events in specific geographical areas. Webinars may also be convened to explore innovative research and resources for better understanding changes in drug use and drug use trends in the United States.