- Drug Abuse Trends in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metropolitan Area. The far-reaching consequences of heroin and methamphetamine abuse and addiction maintained a stronghold in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area in 2016.
- Hockenhull, J. (2017). An Observed Rise in y-hydroxybutyrate-associated Deaths in London: Evidence to Suggest a Possible Link with Concomitant Rise in Chemsex. Forensic Science International.
- MMWR: Vital Signs: Changes in Opioid Prescribing in the United States, 2006–2015Despite reductions in opioid prescribing in some parts of the country, the amount of opioids prescribed remains high relative to 1999 levels and varies substantially at the county-level.
- NDEWS News Issue 3 July2017 Number of US Counties with Drug Poisoning Deaths Involving Heroin Increases Nearly Five-Fold from 2000 to 2014
- ONDCP: Acrylfentanyl and Naloxone EffectivenessJuly 2017: Recently there have been news reports of a “new” fentanyl analogue, acrylfentanyl, calling the drug ”extremely powerful” and implying that it can render naloxone ineffective. Elements of these reports are incorrect and misleading. More see PDF.
- Alcohol, Other Drugs, and Health. (2016). Exploration of the Complex Interrelationship Between Nonmedical Use of Prescription Opioids and Heroin Use
- Adamowicz, P. Gieron, J. (2016). Acute Intoxication of Four Individuals Following Use of the Synthetic Cannabinoid MAB-CHMINACA. Clinical Toxicology.
- Adams, AJ., Banister, SD., Irizarry, L., Trecki, J., Schwartz, M., Gerona, R. (2016). "Zombie" Outbreak Caused by Synthetic Cannabinoid AMB-FUBINACA in New York. The New England Journal of Medicine.
- Armstrong, D. (2016). Drug Maker Thwarted Plan to Limit OxyContin Prescriptions at Dawn of Opioid Epidemic. Stat.
- Banta-Green, C., Brewer, AJ., Ort, C., Helsel, DR., Williams, JR., Field, JA. (2016). Using Wastewater-based Epidemiology to Estimate Drug Consumption-Statistical Analyses and Data Presentation.
- Bernstein, L. (2016). Landmark Report by Surgeon General Calls Drug Crisis 'A Moral Test for America.' The Washington Post.
- Boscarino, J.A., Kirchner, H. L., Pitcavage, J. M., Nadipelli, V. R., Ronquest, N. A., Fitzpatrick, M. H., Han, J. J. (2016). Factors Associated with Opioid Overdose: a 10-Year Retrospective Study of Patients in a Large Integrated Health Care System. Dovepress.
- Cao, D., Srisuma, S., Bronstein, AC., Hoyte, CO. (2016) Characterization of Edible Marijuana Product Exposures Reported to United States Poison Centers.
- CDC. (2016). Notes from the Field: Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa) Exposures Reported to Poison Centers- United States, 2010-2015. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
- Center for Advanced Study of Language. (2016). Collaborative Study Aims to Identify New Drug Terms on Twitter
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2016). Acute Poisonings from Synthetic Cannabinoids- 50 U.S Toxicology Investigators Consortium Registry Sites, 2010-2015. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.